Tiffen 4 x 4" Hot Mirror IRND Filter (0.3/0.9/1.2/1.8/2.1 Densities)
- Please specify density and e-mail us to check availability of density needed before ordering
- If an order is placed without checking stock for density first, there may be a delay in order fulfillment.
- Enables Use of ND Without IR Pollution
- Maintains Color Fidelity
- For HD Camera Without Internal IR Filter
- ColorCore Water White Glass
In the Box
- Tiffen 4 x 4" Hot Mirror IRND Filter
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
The Tiffen 4 x 4" Hot Mirror IRND Filter is a combination of both a hot mirror infrared control filter and a neutral density filter. A hot mirror IRND is ideal for HD cameras, which have greater low-light sensitivity and, subsequently, an increased susceptibility to IR contamination. When using a standard neutral density filter to counter the increased light sensitivity afforded by the HD sensor, the effects of infrared pollution become more apparent. This filter combines an ND filter with a comparable IR control filter to eliminate the spill of infrared light reaching the sensor while still maintaining the extra exposure benefits of a neutral density filter. The hot mirror filtration incorporates a dielectric mirror in order to combat the effects of both near and far infrared regions of the spectrum.
This filter is constructed from Water White glass and is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch. This filter measures 4 x 4" / 101.6 x 101.6mm.
- Infrared control filter helps to block infrared pollution from affecting the color fidelity of imagery; this enables a wider color gamut and truer colors, especially noticeable in the darker regions of the image.
- 0.3/0.9/1.2/1.8/2.1 neutral density filter provides a 1 stop exposure reduction.
- Ideal for use with HD cameras without an integrated infrared-blocking filter.
- Hot mirror filter blocks infrared pollution from both near and far regions of the spectrum while allowing all visible light to pass.
We Also Recommend
Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro (Canon EF) CINECAMPOCHDEF06P