Shure AD2/KSM8B Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with KSM8 Capsule (G57: 470 to 616 MHz, Black)
- For Axient Digital Systems
- KSM8 Dual-Diaphragm Dynamic Cardioid Mic
- Automatic Gain Adjustment
- 2/10/35mW RF Output Power
In the Box
- Shure AD2/KSM8B Digital Handheld Wireless Microphone Transmitter with KSM8 Capsule (G57: 470 to 616 MHz, Black)
- 2 x AA Batteries
- Zipper Bag
- Threaded Adapter
- Swivel Adapter
- Battery Contact Cover
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
The black Shure AD2/KSM8B is a digital handheld wireless microphone transmitter compatible with Axient Digital series receivers.
The AD2/KSM8B comes equipped with a KSM8 dual-diaphragm dynamic capsule that minimizes proximity effect, delivering a consistent sound even when the distance between the mic and the sound source varies. The cardioid polar pattern provides a clean, richly detailed signal with reduced feedback, great for speech and vocals in live venues.
The transmitter operates in a single 146 MHz ultrawide UHF bandwidth with selectable 2/10/35mW RF output power and a transmission range up to 330'. It provides up to 8 hours of operation on two AA batteries and up to 9 hours with an SB900A lithium-ion rechargeable battery (available separately).
With a durable, moisture-resistant, lightweight aluminum case, the AD2/KSM8B transmitter delivers pristine audio quality and RF performance, AES 256-bit encryption for secure transmission, and advanced rechargeability options, making it ideal for high-profile, sound-reinforcement applications.
Interchangeable Design with KSM8 Capsule
- The KSM8's hardened, dent-resistant grille is lined with hydrophobic woven fabric, which rejects moisture as well as plosives.
- The interchangeable capsule design allows you to replace the KSM8 capsule with a Shure capsule that’s ideal for your application and simply screw it onto the transmitter—including KSM9, KSM9HS, SM58, Beta 87A, Beta 87C capsules, and more.
User-Friendly Features in a Rugged Housing
- The unit quickly syncs with a wireless receiver via infrared at the touch of a button.
- Automatic Gain adjusts the mic input level for you.
- The power button conveniently doubles as mute switch, while preserving RF lock.
- Frequency and power lockout functions prevent accidental or unauthorized changes during events.
- A backlit LCD with easy-to-navigate menu and controls lets you quickly access frequency, group, and channel settings, along with mute and lock status, RF output, and remaining battery life.
- Offset function lets you balance mic levels when assigning multiple transmitters to a single receiver slot. Adjustment range: -12 to +21 dB.
- 2/10/35mW selectable RF output power allows you to increase either the transmitter's range or the number of mics operating simultaneously.
- Two transmission modes: Standard for optimal coverage and High-Density for maximum system channel count and robust coverage.
Convenient Power Management Options
- Optional SB900A rechargeable battery offers intelligent power management with precision metering in hours and minutes, and zero memory effect.
- External charging contacts allow for docked battery charging.
- SBC220 two-bay and SBC840 eight-bay networked chargers (both available separately) allow for remote power monitoring via Shure’s Wireless Workbench software.
We Also Recommend
Neumann TLM 102 Diaphragm Condenser Cardioid Microphone Studio Set (Black | Nickel)