Neumann TLM-102 Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone (Black | Nickel)
- Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Microphone
- Transformerless, up to 144 dB SPL
- Integrated Pop Screen
- Elastically Suspended Capsule
In the Box
- Neumann TLM-102 Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone (Black or Nickel)
- Stand Mount
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
The TLM-102 Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone from Neumann has the ability to withstand very high sound pressure levels.
The capsule, with its high SPL rating, permits the recording of percussion, drums, amplifiers, and other loud sound sources. The microphone is equally capable when recording lower volume sounds due to its fast transient response. However, its most important applications are in the realm of vocals and speech.
A slight boost above 6 kHz provides greater vocal presence, while below 6 kHz the frequency response is extremely linear for minimal coloration and a clearly defined bass range. The capsule has an elastic suspension for minimizing structure-borne noise, while an integrated pop screen in the grille aids in suppressing plosives in vocal and speech recording.
- Large-diaphragm microphone with cardioid directional characteristic
- Pressure-gradient transducer
- Compact, smaller-scale body
- Very high maximum sound pressure level (SPL)
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz
- Transformerless circuitry
We Also Recommend
Neumann TLM 102 Diaphragm Condenser Cardioid Microphone Studio Set (Black | Nickel)
Neumann TLM 103 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (Mono Set, Black | Nickel)