Mackie SP260 2 x 6 Loudspeaker System Processor
The Mackie SP260 2 x 6 Loudspeaker System Processor offers sophisticated EQ, crossover, dynamics processing, and system protection. It provides complete system optimization for both passive and powered systems. Five different operating modes cover a wide range of systems. Each input and output is loaded with a huge range of processing including flexible EQ, crossover, delay, and limiting solutions. It delivers everything you need to professionally optimize loudspeaker systems of nearly any size.
The SP260 utilizes 24-bit AKM AD/DA converters with 120 dB dynamic range for good sound quality. With 24 user-definable presets and flexible I/O for simple routing and configuration, the SP260 is an ultra-flexible processor, suitable for a wide range of portable and permanent applications.
The processor has 2 inputs that instantly connect your mix into a whole host of processing and routing capabilities. Your input signal will never be the same. Each input features a mute switch and variable gain control. Now, you can easily control the whole system regardless of how many boxes you have. You can turn these down and the entire system turns down. It features 5-band EQ on both inputs. You can choose between parametric or high/low shelving, providing a flexible approach to room tuning that is sure to please any professional engineer. There’s even a 600 ms delay available on each input. This is useful when using multiple SP260s to drive delay stacks in really big venues. You can also time align the stage with the main speakers.
There are 6 individual outputs on the Mackie SP260, providing a wide range of possible connections, depending on your system. To start, each output features a mute switch and individual gain adjustment. This allows you to turn up the subs for a bit more low end or get a little more volume to another zone without having to walk out and adjust the power amps.
Each output also features a dedicated 7-band EQ, complete with selectable parametric or shelving control per band. This feature is critical for properly voicing a loudspeaker for the program material being presented or for the venue it is in. Adjusting the voicing with this comprehensive EQ control allows you dial in the suitable response curve for the system and application at hand.
There are many other ways to optimize your passive or active loudspeaker system. The SP260 high and low pass filters allow you to easily create a crossover for your full-range speakers and subs or bi-/tri amped systems. These filters also allow you to roll off frequencies your speaker may not be able to handle. This helps to focus energy where it’s needed, preventing needless heat loss and possible driver over-excursion. There are 8 different types of filters available with varying degree of slope. The following types are available with slope choices in the first through 4th order: Butterworth, Bessel, and Linkwitz-Reilly. For each output, you also get to choose input routing, from input A, input B, or a mono sum of both (suitable for subwoofers or for sending a mono feed to the foyer).
There’s also a 600 ms delay on each output, giving you a wide range of control. You can use it to create delay stacks down the street at a block party. Maybe extra coverage is needed in a balcony for service. You will want to time align that signal for sure. But, if you want to get uber-professional you can take advantage of the fact that the SP260 can adjust delay down to 20 ms increments. This allows you to time-align drivers on stage to provide superior summing. The display conveniently lets you see delay in ms, feet, or meters depending on the situation. You can combine this with the polarity invert feature for a system that is appropriately summed for optimum response.
There’s even a powerful limiter to protect your system from being tampered. A system lock feature keeps your system safe from the occasional (and, of course, accidental) bump. You can even impose a password protection system for enhanced security.
Professional Sound Quality
Powerful Desktop Software
A Complete System Solution
- Professional 2-input, 6-output system processor for passive and powered PAs
- Sophisticated, intuitive EQ, crossover, delay, and dynamics processing optimizes and protects your system
- High-end 24-bit AKM AD/DA converters with 120 dB dynamic range
- Two balanced XLR inputs with level control, mute, 600 ms delay, and 5-band parametric/shelving EQ
- Six balanced XLR outputs with level control, mute, polarity invert, dedicated high and low pass filters, 7-band parametric/shelving EQ, 600 ms delay, and limiting
- Powerful limiter on every output for ultimate protection
- Convenient front-panel controls for parameter editing and input/output muting
- USB port for simple programming via PC
- Linkable inputs and outputs for easy stereo configuration
- 7-segment LED metering for input/output level or limiter activity
- 5 Operating Modes: 2 x stereo + sub, 3 x stereo, 2 x 2-way + sub, 2 x 3-way, and 1 x 6-way
- 24 presets for storing your Mackie or other system parameters
- Switchmode Power Supply: 100 to 240V
- Compact, single rack unit design
In the Box
- Mackie SP260 2 x 6 Loudspeaker System Processor
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
We Also Recommend
Mackie ProFXv3 16 22 30-Channel Sound Reinforcement Mixer with Built-In FX PROFX