Blue Dragonfly Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone
The Dragonfly Microphone from Blue features a cardioid condenser design and can be used with vocal and general instrument studio recording. It contains a pressure-gradient, single-membrane, large-diaphragm capsule and uses a 6-micron thick mylar film. The film is sputtered in a mixture of pure gold and aluminum and is enclosed in a rotating spherical grill. The rotating grill allows for optimum mic placement in small spaces and for maximum sonic quality.
The microphone offers Class A discrete circuitry and a transformerless output, resulting in a clean, quiet audio signal path with minimum coloration or noise. The Dragonfly's neutral signal and wide frequency response allow the microphone to record vocals, drums, percussion, electric guitar, and bass, as well as saxophones and stringed instruments. The cardioid polar pattern is effective on rejecting off-axis noise due to room ambiance, monitors, instruments, etc.
- Pressure-gradient large-diaphragm with single-membrane design
- 6-micron thick mylar film sputtered with a gold and aluminum mixture
- Rotating capsule allows for optimum mic placement
- Designed with discrete Class A electronics
- Transformerless output for pristine, noise-free signal on output
- Cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing off-axis noise
In the Box
- Blue Dragonfly Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone
- Blue Series II Shock Mount for BlueBerry Microphone
- Wood Box
- Limited 3-Year Warranty