Neumann TLM 102 Diaphragm Condenser Cardioid Microphone Studio Set (Black | Nickel)
- Large-Diaphragm Cardioid Microphone
- Handles up to 144dB SPL
- Elastically Suspended Capsule
In the Box
- Neumann TLM-102 Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone (Studio Set,
- Stand Mount
- Neumann EA 4 Elastic Suspension Shockmount (Nickel | Black)
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
Styled in a nickel or black finish, TLM-102 Large-Diaphragm Studio Condenser Microphone from Neumann is a large diaphragm condenser microphone operating in a cardioid polar pattern. It has the ability to withstand very high sound pressure levels.
The capsule, with its high SPL rating, permits the recording of percussion, drums, amplifiers, and other very loud sound sources. The microphone is equally capable when recording lower volume sounds due to its very fast transient response. However, its most important applications are in the realm of vocals and speech.
A slight boost above 6 kHz provides great vocal presence, while below 6 kHz the frequency response is extremely linear for minimal coloration and a clearly defined bass range. The capsule has an elastic suspension for minimizing structure-borne noise, while an integrated pop screen in the grille aids in suppressing plosives in vocal and speech recording.
- Large-diaphragm microphone with cardioid directional characteristic
- Pressure-gradient transducer
- Compact, smaller-scale body
- Very high maximum sound pressure level (SPL)
- Slight presence boost above 6 kHz
- Transformerless circuitry