Midas DL32 32-Input / 16-Output Stage Box with 32 Midas Mic Preamps
- 32 Midas PRO Mic Preamps with +48V
- 16 Low Impedance Line Level Outputs
- Ultranet Monitoring System Connectivity
- Dual ADAT Outputs
In the Box
- Midas DL32 32-Input / 16-Output Stage Box with 32 Midas Mic Preamps
- Limited 10-Year Warranty
Closing the gap between stage and front of house, the Midas DL32 is a 32-in/16-out stage box that includes 32 fully programmable and remotely controllable Midas mic preamps, which are the same preamps found in the larger PRO Series consoles, and are equipped with switchable +48V phantom power. Additionally, the DL32 features 16 electronically balanced low impedance line level outputs, as all of the DL32's inputs and outputs have been designed to handle both balanced and unbalanced signals, removing any worries about signal degradation, noise, and crosstalk interference. The DL32 also features dual Cirrus Logic Digital to Analog converters, providing a reduced noise floor and lower distortion, and post-DAC filtering to remove wide-band noise.
The DL32 Stage Box includes an Ultranet port that lets performers connect directly to the Powerplay P16 system for in-ear monitoring, and lets each artist take control of their own monitor mix. This allows for performance and audience concentration without other possible sonic distractions.
The DL32 comes outfitted with dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multi-core applications. Many manufacturers have adopted the ADAT digital interface as a means of transferring digital data between certain types of audio devices, such as mixers, synthesizers, lighting rigs, and effect processors. With the DL32's dual ADAT outputs, you can simply connect to any ADAT-compatible outboard devices.
The stage box also includes dual AES50 ports for cascading multiple units over a single shielded (STP) CAT5 cable. Two DL32 Stage Boxes can be cascaded, providing connectivity for up to 64 mic/line inputs, 32 balanced outputs. This flexibility benefits both live and studio recording applications, as well as post-production, broadcasting, and audio routing infrastructure.
The DL32 can be remotely operated up to 328' (100 m) via CAT5/5e cable, simplifying communication between the stage and front of house. The DL32's monitoring / head amp control section allows you to select any one of the 32 inputs or 16 outputs for immediate line checks. In addition to signal metering at the stage box, you can set individual channel gain, apply +48V phantom power, plus you have the option listening directly to the input signal. Even at this distance, all settings can be controlled or programmed from the front panel of the console. Once set, all configuration settings can be locked at the console for system security.
Each of the 32 Neutrik XLR inputs is equipped with a status indicator LED, which illuminates to show when the +48V phantom power is used, providing instant clarity and ease of use. The automation scenes allow MIDI to be incorporated, so that the external MIDI-compatible devices can be controlled as part of the scene change via the console's MIDI output. Additionally, console events can be triggered from an external MIDI source via the console's MIDI input. You can also control the gain and phantom power settings remotely using the MIDI communication functionality.
Housed in a road-ready, rugged 19" 3U rack-mountable chassis, the DL32 is designed to withstand the rigors of touring applications.
- 32 Midas PRO microphone preamplifiers with switchable +48V phantom power
- 16 electronically balanced low impedance line level outputs
- Ultranet personal monitoring system connectivity for in-ear applications
- Dual ADAT outputs for use in splitter mode and stand-alone digital multicore applications
- Two AES-3 ports (AES/EBU), e.g. for directly connecting PA system controllers with digital inputs
- Remote operation up to 328' (100m) via CAT5/5e cable
- MIDI In/Out for bidirectional communication between FOH console and on-stage MIDI devices
- Features Neutrik etherCON AES50 and Ultranet network ports
- Rugged 3U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
- Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
- Mute-All-Inputs function for quietly patching any inputs on stage
We Also Recommend
Midas PRO1 Tour Bundle Live Sound Digital Console with Two Stageboxes and Road Case