AKG C414 XLII Multi-Pattern Condenser Large-Diaphragm Microphone 3059X00060
- Cardioid, Omnidirectional & Figure-8
- Dual 1-Inch Capsule
- Switchable 6, 12, & 18 dB Pads
- Three Switchable Bass-Cut Filters
The classic C414 XLII Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone from AKG is a staple within the audio industry. Equipped with nine selectable polar patterns, three attenuation levels and three switchable bass-cut filters, the C414 XLII remains one of the most versatile condenser microphone for recording vocals, drums, and acoustic & amplified instruments in the studio or on stage.
This microphone closely approximates the sound of the legendary AKG C12. A slight high-frequency rise at 3 kHz and above helps compensate for the natural loss of high frequencies that occurs at a distance, making the C414 XLII an excellent choice for miking vocals & instruments that are positioned far way. The 1" edge-terminated dual-diaphragm transducer combined with the low-noise electronic circuitry provide a wide dynamic range of 134 dB and can handle SPL up to 158 dB, for a neutral and detailed sound.
Features include a peak-hold LED to alert you if overload peaks occur, and a Lock Mode so the microphone settings cannot be changed unintentionally. The elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration. The rugged all-metal body ensures efficient rejection of RF interference and makes this microphone well suited to withstand the rigors of studio and stage handling.
Built and designed in Austria, the C414 XLII comes with a metal carrying case, a spider-type shockmount, a pop filter, and a foam windscreen.
- Dual 1” edge-terminated transducer
- Nine polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8
- 134 dB dynamic range (up to 158 dB SPL)
- High-frequency boost at 3 kHZ for distance miking
- Lock Mode for live operation – all controls can be conveniently disabled
- Peak-hold LED displays overload peaks
- All-metal body rejects electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
- Three switchable bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise and proximity effect (40, 80, & 160 Hz)
- Three attenuation levels for close-up recording and high-output sources (-6,-12,-18 dB)
- Elastic capsule suspension minimizes structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- Designed and manufactured in Austria
In the Box
- AKG C414 XLII Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone
- AKG H 85 Universal Shock Mount
- AKG W414X Microphone Windscreen for C414B-XLS and C414B-XL II
- AKG PF80 Universal Pop Filter
- Metal Carrying Case
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
We Also Recommend
AKG C214MP Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Matched Pair 3185X00110
AKG C414 XLS ST Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (Matched Pair Stereo Set) 3059X00230
AKG C414 XLS Multi-Pattern Condenser Large-Diaphragm Microphone 3059X00050
AKG C414 XLII ST Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone (Matched Pair Stereo Set)